Friday, July 25, 2008

Mamma Mia!

I went with a group of ladies from my Church to see the movie 'Mamma Mia' on Wednesday evening.
It was fantastic. We had such a wonderful time that we didn't want to get up out of our seats when the movie finished. We watched the credits and all. There was clapping and even one or two who couldn't resist the temptation to get up and dance!
Everyone was smiling as they left the cinema and the coffee shop next door filled up with noisy, laughing, happy ladies who didn't want the evening to end.
We were all uplifted by the Abba melodies and the crazy, happy nostalgia of bright coloured clothes and platform-soled shoes.
Go and see it - it is really good! Long Live ABBA

4 comments:

Alden Smith said...

I am so glad you enjoyed Mamma Mia - but it would be hard not to!
A bevy of happy, dancing, smiling ladies afterwards in the coffee shop! that would have been a sight to behold! I hope someone took a photo?

Kathryn said...

No cameras! I should have used my phone!
And nearly everyone said they want to see it again. :-)

Anonymous said...

My good lady Sue went to see it here in Hull last Friday- Full of enthusiasm and wanting to go back asap. Sounded a bit girly to me!!!

Kathryn said...

You should go! The music is fantastic, and it is so funny!
I want to hear that you have been to see it next time I hear from you!